Many homeowners underestimate the danger of mould, and especially the presence of black mould in basements and bathrooms. While most people think of it as only being unsightly, many types of mould are also hazardous to your health and your home. Mould grows indoors on wet or damp surfaces, such as wallpaper, ceiling tiles, carpets, insulation material, wood and drywall. It can start to grow within 48 hours after a flood or other water damage, and if left unchecked, can have serious impact on both your quality of life and your home's physical structure.

If you notice the presence of mould in your home, or think you may have toxic black mould, contact ServiceMaster Restore, Canada’s #1 mould removal experts. We are here to help remove mould and prevent potential health risks and long-term damage to your home. 


effects of mould in your home

Structural Damage

Moulds gradually destroy whatever they grow on and can grow anywhere:

  • Foundation
  • Roof
  • HVAC system
  • Drywall
  • Gutters
  • Furnishings and more

Health Problems

All moulds have the potential to cause side effects:

  • Headaches
  • Nausea
  • Breathing Difficulties
  • Skin irritation
  • Allergic reactions
  • Aggravation of asthma symptoms

But some moulds, such as toxic black mould, can cause more serious reactions and illnesses including:

  • rashes
  • respiratory problems
  • hypersensitivity reactions
  • chronic coughing
  • organ toxicity



With 70 years in business, ServiceMaster Restore stands at the top of the Canadian mould remediation industry, leading the way with highly-trained technicians and advanced processes and technology. We use the best mould removal procedures for your particular home and situation.

Prevent mould growth with water damage restoration

Because mould can start growing within 48 hours, it's important to react quickly to flooding and other water damage. We use advanced technology and highly-effective drying techniques to monitor and measure the home's temperature, humidity and moisture content. Taking immediate action can make the difference between a small water damage problem and a much larger, costly and more difficult to remedy, situation due to mould growth.

Trust ServiceMaster Restore for expert mould removal and prevention services. Keep your home healthy by contacting us immediately following any incidences of water damage or as soon as you see mould or experience a musty odour in your home.